[Commlist] 18th European Conference on Game Based Learning (ECGBL 2024)

Wed Jun 12 03:14:09 GMT 2024

Elaine Hayne is writing to you about the pre-conference events we are planning for the 18th European Conference on Game Based Learning (ECGBL 2024) hosted by Aarhus University, Denmark on the 3-4 October 2024.

On Wednesday 2nd October we will be hosting three pre conference events at Aarhus University, Denmark. These events will be open to both those attending the ECGBL conference and those who only wish to attend the pre-conference events.

Educational Game Playday

10:00-16:00

An opportunity to either demonstrate or play Educational games. There are options to attend as either a player or a game designer (who can also play other’s games). Games should be at a playable stage of development and educational in nature, but do not have to have been entered into the International Educational Games Competition.

https://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/ecgbl/ecgbl-2024-playday/

Workshops

09:00-14:00

Educational Games Development Workshop

Led by: Ton Spil, Guido Bruinsma, University of Twente & Luuk Collou Saxion University, the Netherlands

This year at ECGBL we will be running an interactive Educational Games Development Workshop, where we plan to make a game in a day! This event will ask participants to work in groups to come up with a pre-prototype design for an educational game – the specification of which will be provided by the organisers.

09:00-17:00

Educational Escape Room Workshop

Led by: Dr Panagiotis Fotaris, University of Brighton, UK

This interactive workshop offers comprehensive, hands-on training on how to conceptualise, design, execute, and evaluate educational escape rooms. Participants will emerge from the workshop equipped with the skills to create a prototype of an educational escape room, tailored for use in their own educational settings.

https://www.academic-conferences.org/conferences/ecgbl/ecgbl-workshops/