[Commlist] Call for papers - Exhibiting Migration conference

Sun Mar 24 22:34:35 GMT 2024

*CFP: Exhibiting Migration - June 27, 2024*

The Centre for Research in History, Heritage, and Memory Studies at Nottingham Trent University invites abstract submissions for the Exhibiting Migration conference on June 27th, 2024. We invite academics, researchers, museum professionals, artists, and activists to submit proposals for presentations on topics related to the wider theme of migration, including but not limited to topics and approaches such as:

● Co-Curation and Co-Production

● (Mis)Representation of voices, perspectives, histories, and identities

● Community Involvement and Collaboration

● Empathy and Social Change

● Material Culture and Identity

● Forced Migration and Human Rights

● Migrant Contributions and Legacy

For more detailed information about the conference, please visit the website: https://exhibitingmigration.wordpress.com/ <https://exhibitingmigration.wordpress.com/>

Please send your abstract (250-300 words) outlining the main points and a short biography by email to (semanur.darbaz2022 /at/ my.ntu.ac.uk) no later than April 27th 2024. The document should include: title of the proposed presentation, brief biography and contact information of the presenter(s). Presentations should not exceed 20 minutes in length.

*Important Dates:*

Submission of abstracts: April 27th 2024

Notification of acceptance: May 17th 2024

Conference date: June 27th 2024