Archive for April 2024

[Commlist] Special Issue on "Persona and Inter(facing)" published

Fri Apr 26 11:39:49 GMT 2024

/Persona Studies /is pleased to share the latest issue on Persona and Inter(face)
Vol. 9 No. 2 (2024)

This special issue explores the intersection between persona, face, and interface as an encounter that is labelled /inter(face)/. The phenomenon of inter(face) is tackled from an interdisciplinary stance as the submissions drawn together in the issue span across the fields of film, image studies, visual culture, and digital culture and media.
Guest Editor: Amanda du Preez (School of the Arts, University of Pretoria)

EDITORIAL

Inter(facing) Personas *
*Amanda du Preez
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1972 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1972>

ARTICLES

Reflecting on Analogue Faces and Digital Masks Through /Mission: Impossible /(1996-2023)
Chris Broodryk
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1927 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1927>

Facial Animation and Empathy in The/Last of Us Parts I and II/
Steve Spence
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1945 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1945>

Animal Interfaces and (Non)Human Personas
Karli Brittz
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1919 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1919>

(Inter)Facing Empathy: Interrogating Our Tragic Love Affair with Screens
Jenni Lauwrens
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1915 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1915>

Male Patients Communicating Restored Mental Health by Their Facial Expressions and Gentlemanly Persona at The Grahamstown Lunatic Asylum, 1890–1907
Rory du Plessis
https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1917 <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/article/view/1917>

More info about Persona Studies is available at: https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/index <https://ojs.deakin.edu.au/index.php/ps/index>