Archive for March 2024

[Commlist] Call for contributions: Mapping Data, Tools and Methods of Internet Governance (TIGre project)

Fri Mar 08 18:21:03 GMT 2024

In the frame ofthe TIGre project (https://netgouv.hypotheses.org/projet-technologie-internet-et-gouvernance-tigre-dim-stcn <https://netgouv.hypotheses.org/projet-technologie-internet-et-gouvernance-tigre-dim-stcn>),a group of researchers from the Centre Internet et Société of CNRS(currently : Julien Rossi, FrancescaMusiani, LucienCastex, ClémentPerarnaud, JonathanKeller,FlorianGiraudon)ismapping the arenas of Internet governance, the sources of dataconcerningthem, the methods used to leverage them and the tools used in their collection and analysis. We adopt an "extended" definition of Internet governance, including the study ofthe socio-political role ofboth hardware and software infrastructures andofthe applications they enable.

As examples of what may be included in the mapping, the IETF, the European Union, the ITU, the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)... are examples ofrelevant fora and organizations. The IETF discussion lists aredatasourcesfor anaspect of Internet governance: technical standardisation.Toolssuch asBigBang havebeen designed to make it easier to collect data from these mailing lists and analysethem, whiletools such as Traceroute produce routing data and BGP tables. The European Union's directives and regulations on Internet governance, which are available on EUR-LEX, are also, e.g.,sourcesof data.

We are deliberatelyadoptingthe broadest possibleacceptionto include a variety of data, archives, documents, etc. We aim to produce a public database available to the research community that will list all these tools, the data sources they mobilize, and the publications that show how they have been used in specific studies.

We would be delighted to receive your contributions, ideally, by the end of April. You may contribute via this form :https://enquetes.univ-rennes2.fr/limesurvey/index.php/451869?lang= <https://enquetes.univ-rennes2.fr/limesurvey/index.php/451869?lang=en>en <https://enquetes.univ-rennes2.fr/limesurvey/index.php/451869?lang=en>