Archive for January 2024

[Commlist] CFP - Big Pictures Conference: Murals, Billboards, and Urban Interventions

Tue Jan 30 21:42:54 GMT 2024

We are pleased to present ‘Big Pictures: Murals Billboards, and Urban Interventions’ for a second year at the Wilson School of Design in Vancouver on May 10^th and 11th. More information and a link for submissions can be found on our website:

https://wordpress.kpu.ca/bigpictures/ <https://wordpress.kpu.ca/bigpictures/>

We are investigating opportunities to produce a publication drawing in part from creative work and research presented at the conferences. We will be sending out a separate call for articles and image-based essays following the event in May.

*Potential Themes:*

  * Festivals, exhibitions, and inspiring interactivity
  * Decolonizing urban space, images and indigenization
  * Urban interventions and community building
  * Creating a sense of place, local voices and collaborative projects
  * Billboards, advertising, and imagery that sells
  * Screens, projections and transitory visuals
  * Heritage, personal narrative, collective memory
  * Media and augmented reality projects in the built environment
  * Architecture and unexpected imagery
  * Messages in neon, signage, and text installations
  * Living walls and immersive landscape
  * Placemaking through Play
  * Making data visible
  * Activating temporary and transitional public spaces