Archive for January 2024

[Commlist] Media Democracy Festival

Mon Jan 22 13:16:28 GMT 2024

This years *Media Democracy Festival *will be held the University of Sheffield on 16 March.

Every year, the Media Democracy Festival brings together activists, independent media organisations, academics and policymakers to understand what's happening in the media landscape.

Featuring keynote addresses on investigative journalism, alongside debates on 'alt-news' channels, coverage of the Israel/Gaza conflict and priorities for media reform, this year's Media Democracy Festival is set to be an energising, thought-provoking and urgent gathering.

With economic crises, global conflicts and an upcoming UK general election all exposing the failures of our current media system, strengthening the movement for a transformed democratic media is more vital than ever.

Whether you're a hardened media reform advocate, or a curious media academic,  join us and help to reshape the media so that it works for people, not profit.

*Our media is broken. Be part of the movement to fix it.*

*
*

Book on the link below:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/media-democracy-festival-2024-tickets-803167133517?utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-medium=discovery&utm-term=listing&utm-source=cp&aff=ebdsshcopyurl