Archive for January 2024

[Commlist] Journal of Class & Culture 2.2 published (Special Issue: 'Class and Film, Part 1')

Mon Jan 22 13:04:11 GMT 2024

Intellect is pleased to announce that Journal of Class & Culture2.2 is out now!

Special Issue: ‘Class and Film, Part 1’

This journal Special Issue had its origins at the London Metropolitan University conference Class and Contemporary UK Film and Television, July 2022, where some of the articles were first presented.

For more information about the journal and issue click here>>

https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-class-culture <https://www.intellectbooks.com/journal-of-class-culture>

Aims & Scope

The Journal of Class and Cultureis a provocative theoretical and empirical intervention into debates concerning class and culture. We reject and challenge the rendering of class as an archaic concept and engage with class as a dynamic category actively shaped by the changing demands of capitalism.

Issue 2.2

Editorial

Class and UK film and television: Representation, neo-liberalism, inequality <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00027_2>

JON BALDWIN

Articles

The working class in contemporary British cinema <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00028_1>

TEMENUGA TRIFONOVA

State of the nation: Class, Labour politics and the contemporary relevance of Our Friends in <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00029_1> the North (1996) <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00029_1>

JEREMY COLLINS

Ray & Liz: Framing poverty, matriarchy and hypo-masculinity <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00030_1>

DANIEL FINNEMORE

If only we could, Call the Midwife! Gender, class and the hegemonic power of television costume <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/10.1386/jclc_00031_1>