Archive for January 2024

[Commlist] cfp: “The Eurovision Song Contest in the 21st Century: Euro-Vision and/or Euro-Visions"

Wed Jan 10 22:30:11 GMT 2024

We are aware that we are all strapped for time in this period and some of you have asked for short a deadline extension for the international conference “The Eurovision Song Contest in the Twenty-First Century: Euro-Vision and/or Euro-Visions” organized at the University of Lille on May 16 and 17, 2024. Thus, we are happy to announce that the deadline to submit a 300-500 word abstract and short bio in Englishhas been extended until*January 28th, 2024.* You may send your proposalsto the following addresses:lucie.de-carvalho@(univ-lille.frandmikael.toulza /at/ univ-lille.fr).

We would be happy to welcome you all in Lille, but*the papers can also be delivered online*at the speakers’ convenience. There will be no participation/registration fees.

Here is a link to the CFP :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11t-grONq91cWUgktR6Exr5Gm9G1krKFu/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11t-grONq91cWUgktR6Exr5Gm9G1krKFu/view>

We will also have the pleasure of listening to our two confirmed keynote speakers: *Dr. Catherine Baker*, Senior Lecturer in 20th-century history, University of Hull. *Dr. Dean Vuletic*, historian of contemporary Europe based at the Research Center for the History of Transformations, University of Vienna.