[Commlist] CFp - CO-Feminist Graduate Conference 2024

Mon Dec 18 21:13:38 GMT 2023

The graduate students of the Feminist Institute for Social Transformation at Carleton University and the Institute of Feminist and Gender Studies at the University of Ottawa are excited to announce a call for submissions for our 2024 conference titled /“Resistance Through Feminist Acts of Care: Craving Restorative Spaces of Knowledge, Community and Coalition-building towards Liberation.”/The conference will be held hybridly in person and online *on March 25 - 26, 2024*. Our event aims to overcome the conventional ideas of an academic conference by focusing on knowledge sharing, community building, and resistance. We welcome submissions from leaders, collectives, artists, performers, and writers from both inside and outside the academic community. This is an interdisciplinary event, and _*C**ommunication and Media Studies scholars are welcome*_.

*This conference welcomes (but is not limited to) the following topics:*
• Collective Care
• Art as knowledge construction
• Art and knowledge mobilization as resistance
• Critical Race Studies
• Decolonization and Anticolonial Actions
• Land Back & Border Abolition
• Disability Justice
• Black Liberation
• Fat Liberation
• Body Politics
• Futurity & Futurism
• Queer Theory
• Crip Temporality
• Transnational social injustice and geopolitics
• Two-Spirit and trans liberation/world-building
• Post-colonial scholarship
• Migration and diasporic resistance

*Proposal Questions *(includes but are not limited to):
• How can we craft restorative spaces of knowledge, community, and coalition-building toward liberation? • How can storytelling and knowledge-sharing contribute to current resistance movements?
• How do we hold space for love and community?
• What does collective care mean to you within creative spaces?
• How do we materialize spaces of accountability where harm is acknowledged and felt?

*Submission guidelines:*
• Title of your work and name of presenter(s)
• Abstract or description (200-250 words) of your topic and its relevance to our theme,
including up to 5 keywords
• Type or modality of submission (performance, paper, audiovisual, oral presentation, etc.) • Format of submission (in-person, online, poster only, etc.) and/or required equipment
• Language of submission
• Brief Biography (150 words) of the presenter(s)
• Contact information (email, institution/group affiliation if relevant, etc.)
• Accessibility requirements

We are welcoming submissions in English, French, and sign language(s). Kindly submit your application following the submission guidelines above in .pdf copy (single spacing, 12pt. font) to *(_feministgradconference2024 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(feministgradconference2024 /at/ gmail.com)>_* by Jan 19th, 2024 at 11:59pm EST. Kindly contact (feministgradconference2024 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(feministgradconference2024 /at/ gmail.com)> for any questions.

Link: https://carleton.ca/fist/2023/2024-fist-grad-conference/ <https://carleton.ca/fist/2023/2024-fist-grad-conference/>

It is important to highlight that *_no payment from the authors will be required_*.*