[Commlist] Global Media and China Published the Latest Special Issue—December 2023

Wed Dec 13 16:26:20 GMT 2023

We are pleased to announce that our journal, Global Media and China, has published its latest issue (Volume 8, Issue 4, December 2023).

And also we sincerely welcome your contribution to our journals. If you are interested and have the time, it is a great honour for us to receive your submission. Here is the submission portal:https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>. For more information about Global Media and China, please go to gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>. You can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current <https://journals.sagepub.com/toc/GCH/current>

(Follow us at Twitter: https://twitter.com/GCHjournal <https://twitter.com/GCHjournal>)

*** NO PAYMENT FROM AUTHORS*

*Special Section: China-as-method?: Re-theorising mediations of global south from a decolonial cultural perspective (Part One)*

*Guest Editor: ** Xiaotian Li, Ling Tung Tsang and Tommy Tse*

*Introduction:*

*Pluralising China as Method: Decolonising cultural mediations in the global South*

/Xiaotian Li, Ling Tung Tsang and Tommy Tse/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231216265 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231216265>

*Special Issue Articles:*

*Debating the “Chineseness” of a mobile game in online communities*

/Qian Li and Xiaotian Li/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231190313 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231190313>

*Multiplicity, diversity and individualization behind shuttlecock play: Chinese sportsmen’s masculinities in today’s China*

/Ling Tung Tsang/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231176967 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231176967>

*“We are snowflakes”: Minor transnationalism and the cultural resilience of slash fanfiction community in China*

/Fan Xiao/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231188350 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231188350>

*Research Trend: Chineseness as a Method*

*Remark on China as method*

/Anthony Fung/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231214346 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231214346>

*Asia as method: Where does China fit?*

/Michael Keane/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231213211 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231213211>

*Chineseness as method*

/Weiyu Zhang/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231214074 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231214074>

//

*State, platform, and misogynistic disinformation in China*

/Haiyan Wang and Lulu Yuan/

https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231211421 <https://doi.org/10.1177/20594364231211421>