[Commlist] CFP “The Eurovision Song Contest in the 21st Century: Euro-Vision and/or Euro-Visions"

Tue Nov 28 21:00:07 GMT 2023

In the wake of France’s victory at the 2023 Junior Eurovision Song Contest, we are delighted to send you this call for papers for the international conference “The Eurovision Song Contest in the Twenty-First Century: Euro-Vision and/or Euro-Visions” organized at the University of Lille on May 16 and 17, 2024.

Through a variety of interdisciplinary approaches, this conference intends to explore the contemporary mutations that have (re)shaped these ‘mega-events’(ESC and Junior ESC) which bear (geo)political, social, ideological, cultural and industrial implications among others.

Here is a link to the CFP:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11t-grONq91cWUgktR6Exr5Gm9G1krKFu/view <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11t-grONq91cWUgktR6Exr5Gm9G1krKFu/view>

We will also have the pleasure of listening to our two confirmed keynote speakers: Dr. Catherine Baker, Senior Lecturer in 20th-century history, University of Hull. Dr. Dean Vuletic, historian of contemporary Europe based at the Research Center for the History of Transformations, University of Vienna.

We would be happy to welcome you all in Lille, but the papers can also be delivered online at the speakers’ convenience. Please submit a 300-500 word abstract and short bio in English or in French *by January 14th, 2024* to the following addresses:lucie.de-carvalho@(univ-lille.frandmikael.toulza /at/ univ-lille.fr).