[Commlist] CfP Embodied media & mediatized bodies

Mon Nov 13 17:05:14 GMT 2023

*Call for Papers: EMBODIED MEDIA & MEDIATIZED BODIES*
medien & zeit 1/2025

Issue 1/2025 of the Austrian-based journal /medien & zeit <https://journals.univie.ac.at/index.php/mz/index>/ explores narratives and ideas about three overlapping areas of interest: (1) the body as a medium; (2) the body in the media; and (3) media in and on the body. The full call text can be accessed via our website:

https://journals.univie.ac.at/index.php/mz/cfp

We invite original contributions on these topics, including theoretical and methodological considerations and case studies from communication, media studies and beyond, and are particularly interested in feminist, queer, and intersectional perspectives on current and historical cases. We want to bring together ‘classic’ and novel perspectives and thus specifically invite new considerations of these topics.

/medien & zeit/ is fully open-access and peer-reviewed without any author fees. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 30 November 2023. We are looking forward to many existing submissions!

Diotima Bertel, Julia Himmelsbach, Christina Krakovsky and Krisztina Rozgonyi