[Commlist] Alphaville journal: Call for Guest-Edited Issue Proposals

Fri Nov 03 13:18:53 GMT 2023

The Editorial Board of Alphaville: Journal of Film and Screen Media is seeking proposals for a themed, guest-edited issue to be published in 2025.

While proposals may cover any topic in the disciplines of film and screen media, the Board is particularly interested in proposals that explore current debates, open new ones, or address relegated areas of research. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, non-Western cinemas, diversity in cinema and screen media, and new cinemas.

If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please download and fill in an Alphaville Issue Proposal Form from our website and email it to (alphavillejournal /at/ gmail.com) with the subject line: “Issue proposal” by 15 December 2023. Please consult our website for past issue topics. The Alphaville Board will evaluate proposals based on their relevance and coherence, scholarly quality, and suitability for the journal’s identity and publishing plans. Successful applicants will be notified in early 2024.

Alphaville regularly publishes dossiers, i.e., focused collections of articles, short papers, interviews, reports, or case studies dedicated to a specific topic. If you would like to propose a dossier for publication, please download and fill in an Alphaville Dossier Proposal Form and submit it to (alphavillejournal /at/ gmail.com) with the subject line “Dossier proposal”. There is no deadline in the case of dossier proposals. Please consult past issues of Alphaville to familiarise yourself with the format and range of our dossiers.

The full call and the links to the submission forms are available from our submissions page: https://www.alphavillejournal.com/Submissions.html

Alphaville is a diamond open-access journal, and it requests no fee from authors or readers. Visit us on https://www.alphavillejournal.com/