[Commlist] Professor of Media and Creative Industries, University of Warwick

Wed Oct 18 20:52:11 GMT 2023

*REMINDER: the deadline for the below position is 23/10/2023***

**

*NEW POST: Professor of Media and Creative Industries ***

Centre for Cultural & Media Policy Studies

University of Warwick

*About the Role**: ***

We are looking for an exceptional researcher and teacher in media and creative industries and emerging technologies who can deepen or broaden our existing expertise. We run 3 competitive taught MA postgraduate programmes (Arts, Enterprise and Development; Creative Media Enterprises; Global Media and Communication), alongside our successful innovative undergraduate BA in Media and Creative Industries. The post-holder will contribute to the successful development of our existing undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and will be expected to develop new modules in their field of expertise, as well as potentially lead the development of a new BA programme in creative media technologies. You will also support the supervision of dissertations at UG and PGT levels and will be willing to take on PhD supervision in areas that align with your research.

We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including those identifying as Black or Global Majority scholars of media, culture and creative industries. The University of Warwick provides an inclusive working and learning environment, recognising and respecting every individual’s differences. You will have a proven track record of and/or lived experience of addressing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues in the workplace, as well as a commitment to decolonising the curriculum and teaching practices. An active commitment to anti-racist and/or alternative critical pedagogies is highly desirable. We welcome applications from individuals who identify with any of the protected characteristics defined by the Equality Act 2010.

We are seeking to appoint someone with an international profile in Media and Creative Industry research with expertise in digital cultures, creative technologies, AI, platforms, and / or transmedia practice. The successful candidate will have a sustained track record of securing significant research grants and other income generation and demonstrate established leadership in enhancing activities around research impact, knowledge exchange and engagement, including experience of strategic leadership for REF. They will showcase evidence of developing and sustaining research-led teaching in media industry and digital technologies/cultures studies, built on collaborative links with domestic and international industry partners.

The successful candidate will have an international reputation and be expected to secure high-quality external research funding and have a track-record of navigating and understanding how to deliver world-leading non-academic impact. They will be expected to lead on research strategy and the next CMPS REF submission.

The candidate will be working with a committed team of colleagues to build on and complement CMPS’s diverse teaching, research and industry-facing strengths. CMPS has an excellent track record in the creative industries and cultural enterprise; media and cultural policy; transmedia practice; sustainable media production; cultural entrepreneurship and cultural management. We rank 1st in the UK for Media and Film (The Guardian 2024), 3rd for Communications and Media Studies (The Complete University Guide) and 1st for Research Power in REF 2021. We are a methodologically pluralist Centre and welcome all different approaches to the study of the media sector.

CMPS is located in The School of Creative Arts, Performance and Visual Cultures which was established in August 2019 within the Faculty of Arts and comprises Cultural and Media Policy Studies, Film and Television Studies, the Warwick Writing Programme, Theatre and Performance Studies, and History of Art.

**

*How to Apply*

For informal enquiries, please contact Professor Pietari Kaapa ((P.Kaapa /at/ warwick.ac.uk) <mailto:(P.Kaapa /at/ warwick.ac.uk)>).

To apply please complete your essential personal details and attach a CV and cover letter by the closing date of *23 October 2023*. Please ensure your CV includes your most recent employment experience along with any additional relevant experience and education history. Your cover letter should detail how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for this post.

The interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.

Professor of Media and Creative Industries (107878-0923) - University of Warwick (tal.net) <https://warwick-careers.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-4/spa-1/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/3/opp/351-Professor-of-Media-and-Creative-Industries-107878-0923/en-GB>