[Commlist] Associate Lecturer - social media for music (postgrad level)

Thu Oct 12 20:15:18 GMT 2023

Associate Lecturer in social media for the music and entertainment industries (postgraduate level). This is an in-person role at our High Wycombe Campus.

The role is for six hours of teaching per week at a rate of £48.20 per hour (atypical contract). This module begins on w/c 8 April 2024 and teaching lasts for ten weeks.

This role will comprise teaching on the MA Music Business programme. Teaching will be focused on subject areas such as (but not limited to) co-creation of value, content marketing, electronic word of mouth, influencer marketing, network structure, principles of social media, the psychology of persuasion, theoretical models of engagement, and virtual communities.

Closing Date: 10 November 2023

Interview Date: TBC

For further information about this role please contact the Programme Leader of MA Music Business, Paul Fields ((paul.fields /at/ bnu.ac.uk))

-

Buckinghamshire New University is an ambitious, modern university that is always open to fresh ideas and thinking. We believe in the transformative power of education, and in doing the right thing by our students, people, and local community. Our BNU community is a special place to work and study, and where people who want to make a difference can contribute and succeed.

Our University’s DRIVE values and are at the heart of all that we do. We are united in being dynamic, responsible, inclusive, visionary, and empowering to ensure that we provide the best experience to our learners and offer excellent service to our partners and to each other as colleagues. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that you require.

BNU continues to experience rapid growth in student numbers, making us one of the fastest-growing higher education providers. This is an exciting time to join the University as we invest significantly in estate developments and welcome Jay Blades MBE as our inaugural Chancellor.

Associate Lecturers at BNU adopt a learner-centred approach and being committed to contributing towards delivery of a first-class student experience. The successful applicant will be a team-player and contribute to the wider work of the School of Creative and Digital Industries. You will practice an inclusive approach and support building an inclusive university community where people can be themselves.

The successful applicant will teach and support students by adopting a learner-centred approach, delivering a first-class student experience. Undertaking research, professional practice and enterprise activity as outlined within the BNU Academic Framework. The successful applicant will be a team-player and contribute to the wider work of the new School and University

We encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be underrepresented in BNU’s workforce. These include people from global majority backgrounds, disabled people, and LGBTQI+ people.

If you are successful in securing an interview for the role, you will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.

BNU is a Disability Confident employer and as such you will be given the opportunity to declare a disability as part of the application process. The University is committed to achieving the Race Equality Charter.