[Commlist] Job SLU Madrid

Fri Oct 06 20:44:40 GMT 2023

*Weblink: https://plantilla.madrid.slu.edu/index/index/p/118 <https://plantilla.madrid.slu.edu/index/index/p/118>
*

*Full-Time Faculty Position in Digital Media Starting Fall 2024*

The Madrid (Spain) Campus of Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution, dedicated to student learning, research, service and healthcare, is seeking applicants for a full-time faculty position in Digital Media Production, to begin in September 2024. In the Department of Communication, we are very excited about the prospect of expanding our course offerings in the area of Digital Media Production and start using our new Media Lab (under construction and projected to open in the Fall of 2024).

Requirements for the position include a doctorate or Ph.D. candidate in final phase of dissertation in the field of Media with a focus in Media Production, or an MFA in Digital Media Production or related field. Knowledge of the US American Education system is preferred. The successful candidate will also demonstrate evidence of teaching excellence, along with evidence of research accomplishments and/or active creative work in the field. Evidence of professional expertise on the media, culture and creative sectors and industries is a plus.

Teaching includes courses in media production, such as Video Production and Design, Documentary Production, Media Scriptwriting and Digital Storytelling at the undergraduate level, among others. In addition, the new faculty should be able to teach any of our introductory level courses: Introduction to Human Communication, Public Speaking and Media and Society. The teaching load consists of three courses in both the Fall and in the Spring semesters. There could be opportunities to teach an extra course during our summer sessions.

The position will include the responsibility of contributing to the development and the administration of the new Media Lab (projected to open Fall 2024). The candidate is also expected to be involved in further departmental and university-wide administrative tasks, and to maintain an active research profile in the field.

The application period will be open until November 30th, 2023.

To apply: Please send a letter of interest in which you explain how you fit the position and a 3-8-page curriculum vitae directly to:(hr-madrid /at/ slu.edu) <mailto:(hr-madrid /at/ slu.edu)>

Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE); and encourages nomination of and application from women and minorities.