[Commlist] CFP MeCCSA Climate Change Network Event

Fri Sep 22 18:36:12 GMT 2023

  CFP MeCCSA Climate Change Network Event – 15^th November 2023

We are delighted to announce that the MeCCSA Climate Change Network are hosting an online event to be held in the afternoon on *Wednesday 15**^th **November*2023 on Microsoft Teams. The event will be designed to ‘kickstart’ the network’s activities moving forward, and as such we are very open to the kinds of topics that our members may wish to discuss. We will start the event with a *keynote session from **Dr Anastasia Denisova (Westminster University) entitled: **Effective climate communication: from eco-anxiety to eco-empowerment***

We then invite speakers to present either traditional 15-minute conference papers, or we are also open to shorter 5-minute micro talks. We are interested in any aspect of climate change and our MeCCSA subjects; the following is a list of potential topics, but this list is by no means exhaustive:

The media and climate change

Climate change and policy

Global media policy

Sharing of resources

Climate change toolkits

COP 28 Winter 2023

Bafta albert and/or other initiatives

Climate change and activism

Climate change and funding

Climate change in fictional film and television

Climate change in non-fiction

The final session of the day will be a round table chaired by the Network Chair and Co-Chairs, where we invite all participants to engage in ways that we can move the Network forward and increase our impact and visibility.

Please send a 250-word abstract, along with a short CV to Dr Caroline Ruddell ((caroline.ruddell /at/ brunel.ac.uk) <mailto:(caroline.ruddell /at/ brunel.ac.uk)>) by Friday 20^th October.

If you would like to attend but not present you are very welcome, please just let Caroline know so you can receive the link to the meeting. This event is free to attend.