[Commlist] Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Citizens, media and democracy (3 years, ERC-funded)

Tue Sep 19 22:38:20 GMT 2023

We are inviting applications for a 3-year full-time Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in citizens, media and democracy at the University of Bergen, Norway. The fellow will work as a part of our team for the project “Distributed and prepared. A new theory of citizens’ public connection networks in the age of datafication” (PREPARE), funded by The European Research Council (2023-2027) and led by professor Hallvard Moe.

PREPARE analyzes citizens’ potential for political engagement. With a standing in media and communication studies, but drawing on political theory, anthropology and sociology, the project will stake out a new path for research on citizens’ role in democracies. We are looking for an ambitious scholar who wants to help develop a new agenda for researching citizens’ relations to the public sphere in Norway. We are concentrating on hard-to-reach social groups to understand how they connect to the public and engage with politics in a broad sense. Groups being studied in the project so far includes immigrants and elderly people in rural communities. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to suggest one or more relevant social groups in their project proposal.

Relevant topics include digital media in everyday life, political engagement and theories that address the roles of citizens in democracy.

Full ad: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/249832/postdoctoral-research-fellow-citizens-media-and-democracy Deadline: November 1st More info: https://www.uib.no/en/prepare
Questions? Email (hallvard.moe /at/ uib.no)