[Commlist] Job Opportunity at Staffordshire University: Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Animation

Tue Aug 01 10:01:23 GMT 2023

Please find details of an animation academic (with research responsibilities) required at Staffordshire University:

DTA170-23 Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Animation - Jobs at Staffs <https://jobs.staffs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=DTA170-23>

Closing Date 11^th August

+++

Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Animation
School of Digital, Technologies and Arts
Location:  Stoke Campus
Salary: £37,386 to £52,841 Per Annum Pro Rata (Dependent Upon Experience) Permanent Part Time 22.2 hours
Release Date:  Friday 28 July 2023
Closing Date:   Friday 11 August 2023
Interview Date:   Monday 21 August 2023
Reference:  DTA170-23

About the Role

This role sits within the Animation team in the Department of Media, Performance and Communication, where 2023 sees us celebrate 55 years of media and film provision at the University. We currently offer a BA and MA in Animation as well as some PGR supervision.

You’d be joining a team of academics and practitioners in a department that also runs provision in creative media, film production, music, sound, literature and creative writing, philosophy, theatre, drama, VFX and virtual production.

This new post aligns with the University’s Academic Strategy ‘Towards 2023’, which aims to balance learning and teaching with research, knowledge exchange and enterprise.

This post will ask the candidate to teach animation across Levels 3 to 6 in particular, with some postgraduate teaching. Previous experience of animation in one or more of the following areas will be key: 2D, 3D, Stop motion or equivalent, and we are open to software experience, as long as it is industry standard/ recognised.

The department is part of the wider School of Digital, Technologies and Arts. The school is a highly interdisciplinary environment, bringing together areas as diverse as fine art, fashion, computing, engineering, media, theatre and various aspects of games production. What brings us together is our commitment to improving people’s lives through creativity.

We are looking for experienced candidates who have demonstrable excellent subject knowledge in several areas but ideally with a focus on 2D, 3D and/or stop motion. Our department’s signature research methodology is practice as research, but you are not limited to this necessarily.

As a member of academic staff, you will have the opportunity to work in a bustling campus with access to a range of sector leading technologies.

The department is committed to building a diverse community. We are encouraging talented people join our academic team. All appointments are made on merit, on the bases of the interview and applications. We particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified female and ethnic minority academics, as they are currently under-represented in positions within the department.

Contact For Informal Discussion

Contact Dr Robert Marsden, Head of Department: (r.j.marsden /at/ staffs.ac.uk)

Who is Staffordshire University?

Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.

After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.

Rewards and Benefits

In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available

•    Competitive incremental rates of Pay
•    37 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
•    Excellent Pension Scheme
•    Access to continued professional and personal development
•    An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
•    Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
•    Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
• Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans

We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.