[Commlist] Job Opportunity in Journalism at Nottingham Trent University

Wed Jul 26 16:10:05 GMT 2023

We are looking for a 0.6 senior lecturer/lecturer in Media Law and PA for our undergraduate journalism courses at Nottingham Trent.

We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Media Law and Public Affairs.  Working within established module teams, and supported by the Principal Lecturer and Course Leaders, you'll be involved in the delivery of teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students on our portfolio of accredited Journalism courses.

Ideally with a professional journalism background, and with excellent communication and presentation skills, you'll have the expertise to teach our modules in media law and public affairs and have a good understanding of the requirements of the relevant journalism accreditation bodies; the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) and the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC). You will have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to education, be able to actively contribute to our teaching to support the existing delivery and help further develop the teaching of journalism courses here at NTU.

You'll be encouraged to engage in research, scholarship and/or practice within the School complementing our existing strengths to enhance the activities of the Journalism and Media Department.

Interview date: Thursday 10th August 2023

If you have specific queries in relation to this role, please contact Deborah Wilson David, Head of Department of Journalism and Media ((deborah.wilsondavid /at/ ntu.ac.uk) <mailto:(deborah.wilsondavid /at/ ntu.ac.uk)>).

This is a permanent, fractional (0.6) role.