[Commlist] Lectureship in social aspects of digital security at Royal Holloway

Mon Jul 10 09:10:02 GMT 2023

The Information Security Group (ISG) at Royal Holloway University of London is recruiting a full-time, permanent lecturer (R&T) in social aspects of digital security. The ad can be found here: https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=0723-319 <https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=0723-319> and the deadline to apply is 2 August 2023. For an informal discussion about the post, the best thing to do is to reach out to Lizzie Coles-Kemp ((lizzie.coles-kemp /at/ rhul.ac.uk)), but feel free to ask me questions as well!

The appointment will complement and/or strengthen our existing research and teaching on topics related to accessible and inclusive forms of digital security. The successful candidate will become part of the People and Society theme[^1], which is home to the Ethnography Group and the Interdisciplinary Security Collective. The work within this theme is mainly focused on grounded research with and within marginalised and minoritised groups. We are looking for applicants who have, or have the potential to produce, high quality publications and impact as well as attract significant research funding within this area. The postholder will be expected to deliver teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, while supervising a range of undergraduate and postgraduate projects.