[Commlist] Issue 10.1 of the Political Economy of Communication published

Mon Jul 03 21:38:34 GMT 2023

After a series of regrettable post-pandemic delays, we are very pleased to announce that the long-awaited Volume 10 Issue 1 of the Political Economy of Communication is now available.

https://polecom.org/index.php/polecom <https://polecom.org/index.php/polecom>

The journal is indexed on Scopus and we would very much encourage IAMCR colleagues presenting papers at Lyon to consider submitting to the journal! Issue 10.1 includes the following articles:

  * /Notes Towards a Materialist Understanding of Progressive
    Solidarity/ by James Compton;
  * /Use It or What? Spectrum Policy’s Empty Threa/t by Gregory Taylor;
  * /Royalty Collection Organizations: Private Interest Enterprises or
    Social Purpose Organisations? /By Jim Rogers, Sergio Sparviero &
    Patrik Wikström;

The issue also contains the following commentaries.

  * /Transnational Media in a Digital Age/ by Lee Artz;
  * /The Microsoft/Activision Blizzard Merger/ by Randy Nichols
  * /An American Mogul in London/ by Jennifer M. Proffitt, Nicholas
    Sellers, & Christopher J. Garcia;
  * /Australian Media Policy Under Albanese’s Labor Party /by Tim Dwyer

If you are looking to publish work related to the political economy field, or you know of other colleagues working on research in this area, we'd be very happy to receive submissions. If you would like to guest edit a special edition of the journal then we're open to proposals- please contact us directly to discuss requirements.

<https://polecom.org/index.php/polecom>