[Commlist] Issue of Science fiction film & television published: The "Oversights" issue of SFFTV: what in SF, and in SF-adjacent genres, have we been leaving out?

Fri Jun 30 16:30:20 GMT 2023

The latest issue of/SCIENCE FICTION FILM & TELEVISION /is now available online.

Liverpool University Press is pleased to inform you of the latest content in/SCIENCE FICTION FILM & TELEVISION/ <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/id/54/volume/15/issue/6684/>/(SFFTV), /a highly regarded publication that is essential reading for those working in and researching Science Fiction studies.

Volume 16, Issue 1-2 is a special issue on 'Oversights.' Essentially, this issue celebrates texts from the long history of SF film, television, and interactive media that had not yet been a primary subject of an article in this journal. The editors viewed this as an opportunity to reflect on the process of canon creation, reconsideration, deconstruction, and deformation: in particular, what in SF, and in SF-adjacent genres, have we been leaving out?

_Table of contents_

*INTRODUCTION*

*/“OVERSIGHTS” <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.1>/*

GERRY CANAVAN | DAN HASSLER-FOREST | IDA YOSHINAGA

**

*/THE GUEST <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.2>/*

DAVID KELLY

**

*/A NEGLECTED FRANCHISE <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.3>/*

JUSTICE HAGAN

**

*/TOWARD A GENERAL THEORY OF DIGITAL IDENTITIES <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.4>/*

STEVEN HOLMES

*//*

*/NEVER-ENDING FIGHTS <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.5>/*

LEO CHU

*//*

*/MARIO BAVA’S CHTHULUCENE <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.6>/*

ALESSANDRO BRUNAZZO

*//*

*/RETRO DYSTOPIA IN TURKISH CINEMA A MOUTHLESS GIRL IN THE SHADOWS SPEAKS THROUGH THE ANTENNA <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.7>/*

ÖZGÜR ÇALIŞKAN

//

*/MODERN ART AND SF ICONOGRAPHY <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.8>/*

EVDOKIA STEFANOPOULOU

**

*/JORDAN PEELE’S NOPE <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.9>/*

KEITH BOOKER | ISRA DARAISEH

**

*REVIEW ESSAYS*

*/REINCARNATING THE FUTURE/ <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.10>*

ISHITA JAIN | ANKITA TRIVEDI

**

*/A VERY CONTEMPORARY, VERY DESPERATE BATTLE BETWEEN TWO VISIONS OF BIOLOGICAL LIFE ON EARTH <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.11>/*

BENJAMÍN SCHULTZ-FIGUEROA

*BOOK REVIEWS*

*/BOOK REVIEWS <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.12>/*

MICHAEL PITTS | CAIT COKER | SARA MARTÍN | RUBY NIEMANN | JOHN MCLOUGHLIN | MIGUEL SEBASTIÁN-MARTÍN | JACOB DEBROCK |ALEX M. ANDERSON

*ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS*

*/ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTORS <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/doi/10.3828/sfftv.2023.13>/*

About the contributors <https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/id/54/volume/15/issue/2/article/67796/>| Recommend to your librarian <mailto:?subject=Could%20we%20please%20consider%20this%20Journal%20for%20our%20Library?&body=Title:%20Science%20Fiction%20Film%20&%20Television%2E%0DURL:%20https://www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/journals/issue/6684>__