[Commlist] New Issue of "Tecmerin. Journal of Audiovisual Essays" published. New section "Screen Stars Dictionary" included

Thu Jun 22 18:53:04 GMT 2023

 The new issue of "Tecmerin. Journal of Audiovisual Essays" has been published. We are featuring six original video essays, our section “From the Archive”, this time on Hacktivism and a new section, “Screen Stars Dictionary”, co-curated with Ariel Avissar, which includes the first ten entries. More details on this new section to come in the future. As in every issue, we are also publishing some student work.

*Contents*

Audiovisual Essays:

“Being Dolls (or Not): Spinning mothers and daughters in Elena Ferrante’s adaptations”

  by Barbara Zecchi” (English)

“Memories of /It/” by Kathleen Loock (English & German)

“Film Culture and Family Memory: ‘Las Bardem’” by Luis Cemillán (Spanish)

“Illness is a Body that Feels:A Crippled Look at Pedro Lemebel and João Pedro Rodrigues” by Javier Acevedo Nieto (Spanish with English subtitles)

“Void”, Kevin L. Ferguson (English)

“Warrior girls against Necropower: Women’s empowerment in Mexican cinema through child characters (Spanish)

*Screen Stars Dictionary*

Julie Andrews, by Jemma Saunders

Roberto Cobo, by Catherine Grant

Tom Cruise, by Ariel Avissar

Lola Flores, by Asier Gil Vázquez

Sophia Loren, by Barbara Zecchi

Dean Martin, by Will DiGravio

Natalia Oreiro, by Jiří Anger & Veronika Hanáková

Léa Seydoux, by Libertad Gills

Yakusho Kōji,  by Colleen Laird

Barbara Streisand / Beyoncé, by Jaap Kooijman

*From the Archive:*

**

“Hacktivism as an artistic practice: visual evidence for social change” by Carolina Fernández Castrillo

**

*Student Showcase:*

**

El deseo de las deseadas: cine de mujeres en el Norte de África y Oriente Medio” (Spanish) by Verónica Antoñanzas Martínez, Ana Diéguez Galaz & Sara Florido Suárez

“The Filmic Style of Yorgos Lanthimos” (English) by Aya El Marji Ghostine, Clara Sofie Lundblad & Sara Mai Ortiz de Manuel (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)

“El documental” (Spanish) by Daniela Coira, Fèlix Tallada y Salvador Rodríguez