[Commlist] 2 New Positions: Research Developers, Digital Narratives Studio, CUHK, Hong Kong

Tue Jun 20 20:58:21 GMT 2023

Call for Services:

2 Research Developers @The Digital Narratives Studio,

CUHK School of Journalism and Communication <https://www.linkedin.com/feed/#>, The Chinese University of Hong Kong <https://www.linkedin.com/feed/#>.

*The Digital Narratives Studio *is a collaborative, iterative, and provocative space to research, produce, and amplify the possibilities of hopeful action through narrative change practice. We understand Digital Narratives as a combination of *stories *being told, *bodies *telling them, and*media* that shape them. By examining and producing new forms of *authorship*, *authenticity*, and *authority*, we seek to orient digital narrative practices towards hope and reframe crises towards collective action.

We are building our team and looking for the first two research developers who will collectively shape and nurture the work at the digital narratives studio.

·       Are you excited about managing and growing a *global research network*?

·       Do questions around *digital technologies and their transformative powers* intrigue you?

·       Are you invested in thinking about the power that digital story-telling brings to creating *social hope and cohesion*?

·       Is your work shaped by practices of *feminist care, queer politics*, and values of *social equity*?

·       Do you see yourself as somebody who builds*infrastructures for communities and collectives* to imagine creative and hopeful futures?

If you see yourself in these questions and descriptions and want to take up *ambitious, hybrid, exciting positions *in developing a critical research and capacity development studio space, we want to talk with you.

Things to consider:

1.     Remote and hybrid work options, located anywhere in the world, as long as amenable to overlap with working times in Hong Kong.

2.     Consultant, post-doc equivalent, part-time position (60%) with flexibility, and space for combining multiple responsibilities.

3.     First 15 month appointment with a chance of more permanent appointment depending on the development of the Studio.

4.     Opportunities for research development, publications, and ownership of new research ambitions.

5.     Working with a global network of stakeholders in narrative change practice.

6.     Creative mix of research, theory, professional implementation, and production.

7.     Building a team around ethics and politics of care and social impact.

Apply for the positions by 15th July 2023 here: https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13669357 <https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13669357>

If you want to know more about the Digital Narratives Studio and its plans, or about the positions, please write to (nishant.shah /at/ cuhk.edu.hk) <mailto:(nishant.shah /at/ cuhk.edu.hk)>