[Commlist] Post at Staffordshire University- Animation Associate Professor

Tue Jun 20 12:44:33 GMT 2023

Please find below details of a new 0.6FTE Associate Professor post at Staffordshire University in Animation, balancing learning and teaching with research.

https://jobs.staffs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=DTA23-17-R2 <https://jobs.staffs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=DTA23-17-R2>

Associate Professor in Animation
School of Digital, Technologies and Arts
Location:  Stoke Campus
Salary:   £54,421 to £63,059 Per Annum Pro Rata Part Time 0.6 FTE Permanent
Release Date:  Friday 09 June 2023
Closing Date:   Friday 30 June 2023
Reference:  DTA23-17-R2

About the Role

This role sits within the Animation team in the Department of Media, Performance and Communication, where 2023 sees us celebrate 55 years of media and film provision at the University. We currently offer a BA and MA in Animation as well as some PGR supervision.

You’d be joining a team of academics and practitioners in a department that also runs provision in creative media, film production, music, sound, literature and creative writing, philosophy, theatre, drama, VFX and virtual production.

This new post aligns with the University’s Academic Strategy ‘Towards 2023’, which aims to increase research provision, outputs and income, as well as ensure capacity for the next iteration of the REF and increase PGR supervision.

This post will also ask of the candidate to balance research with teaching and learning responsibilities, particularly at Levels 6 and 7.

The department is part of the wider School of Digital, Technologies and Arts. The school is a highly interdisciplinary environment, bringing together areas as diverse as fine art, fashion, computing, engineering, media, theatre and various aspects of games production. What brings us together is our commitment to improving people’s lives through creativity.

We are looking for experienced candidates who have demonstrable excellent subject knowledge in several areas but ideally with a focus on 2D, 3D and/or stop motion. Our department’s signature research methodology is practice as research, but you are not limited to this necessarily.

As a member of academic staff, you will have the opportunity to work in a bustling campus with access to a range of sector leading technologies.

The department is committed to building a diverse community. We are encouraging talented people join our academic team. All appointments are made on merit, on the bases of the interview and applications. We particularly welcome applications from suitably qualified female and ethnic minority academics, as they are currently under-represented in positions within the department.

In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available

    Competitive incremental rates of Pay
    37 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
    Excellent Pension Scheme
    Access to continued professional and personal development
    An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
    Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
    Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans