[Commlist] Inviting Submissions for Journal of Environmental Media

Fri Jun 09 11:04:58 GMT 2023

The Journal of Environmental Media <https://intellectdiscover.com/content/journals/jem/browse>(JEM)’s new editorial team invites submissions for both full length peer-reviewed articles (7000 words), shorter commentary pieces (1000-2000 words), and book/media reviews (1000-2000 words).

JEM offers a scholarly platform to bridge work in environmental studies, social justice, the environmental humanities, social sciences and media and communication studies, focusing on the role of media in our understanding and perception of the environment, environmental politics, and related social issues. It takes a pluralistic and interdisciplinary approach to these topics, soliciting contributions from media, film, and cultural studies, environmental justice, infrastructure and materiality studies, STS, media anthropology, and science, environmental, health and risk communication. Its scope includes a range of environmental issues such as climate change, environmental racism, energy infrastructures, health effects, biodiversity, climate migration, and e-waste.

JEM’s new editorial team includes Juliet Pinto and Patrick Brodie (editors), Alix Johnson and Anne Pasek (associate editors), and Lisa Han and Rachel Jekanowski (reviews editors). We are excited to see formally innovative submissions that blur disciplinary boundaries, trouble the line between nature and culture, and surface latent or sidelined conversations and methodologies in the field. We invite scholars working in the arts, industry, or applied fields, as well as academia, to consider placing their research here.

JEM is published through Intellect and offers indexing through International Bibliography of the Social Sciences and the option of Open Access publication with a variety of Creative Commons licences. We are pleased, going forward, to also offer Online First availability for all articles in our publication queue.

The journal’s editors invite notes of interest and full submissions at (jemintellect /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(jemintellect /at/ gmail.com)>.