[Commlist] V Interactive Film and Media Virtual Conference

Tue Jun 06 11:45:24 GMT 2023

We're delighted to invite you to the *5th Interactive Film and Media
Annual Conference*, where we'll be delving deep into the realms of Care,
Collaboration, and Craft.

Academics, practitioners, artists, designers, and producers in the field
of interactive film and media are warmly invited to join us in this
stimulating exploration. This conference provides a platform to frame
the conditions of digital interaction and interactivity within these
three pillars, inviting dialogue, exploration, and shared understanding.

Our presenters this year will interrogate and interweave the intricate
definitions and practices of care, collaboration, and craft across a
range of new media platforms. This conference is designed to harness the
transformative power of diverse voices and methodologies, confronting
the challenge of polarization while fostering diverse voices and
inventing innovative, collaborative work practices.

We are honored to bring together a diverse mix of communications and
exhibitions from over 50 presenters from 30 universities and labs
worldwide, each contributing unique insights and groundbreaking works to
the conference.

To provide ample time for discussion and debate during the Conference,
all video presentations are already available for viewing on our YouTube
Channel (https://www.youtube.com/@interactivefilmmediavirtua1283 <https://www.youtube.com/@interactivefilmmediavirtua1283> <https://www.youtube.com/@interactivefilmmediavirtua1283 <https://www.youtube.com/@interactivefilmmediavirtua1283>>).

Full Program:
https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/IFM2023 <https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/IFM2023> <https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/IFM2023 <https://journals.library.torontomu.ca/index.php/InteractiveFilmMedia/IFM2023>>

The Three Cs - Care, Collaboration, and Craft are not merely defined but
are adaptable, fluid concepts that we believe will be the crux of
emerging shared languages and ideas. Your participation is crucial in
fostering this vibrant dialogue.

Join us from June 7th to 9th for three exhilarating days of insightful
conversations, engaging debates, and presentations showcasing the latest
research and practice in interactivity within film and media.

The #IFM2023 Virtual Conference is accessible to all with free general
admission and will take place on the Zoom platform.

We eagerly look forward to your participation in this journey of
exploration and discovery!

Free Admission and Registration here:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ifm2023-virtual-conference-tickets-641579219717 <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ifm2023-virtual-conference-tickets-641579219717> <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ifm2023-virtual-conference-tickets-641579219717 <https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/ifm2023-virtual-conference-tickets-641579219717>>

Upon completing your free registration, you will promptly receive a
confirmation email from Eventbrite. This email will contain all the
necessary details to access the conference Zoom platform, including the
meeting address, ID number, and passcode.