[Commlist] New Post - Senior Lecturer/Reader in Film and Television - Brunel University London

Wed May 24 03:20:22 GMT 2023

*Senior Lecturer/Reader in Film and Television - 11086*

*

**

*Department/College: Arts and Humanities/College of Business, Arts and Social Sciences*

**

*Location: Brunel University London, Uxbridge Campus*

**

*Senior Lecturer Salary: Grade 10 **from:**£60,231 to £63,736 inclusive of London Weighting with potential to progress to £65,567 per annum inclusive of London Weighting*

**

*Reader Salary **from: £68,015 per annum*

**

*Full-time, Permanent*

**

Brunel University London was established in 1966 and is a leading multidisciplinary research-intensive technology university delivering economic, social and cultural benefits.

For more information please visit: https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/our-history/home <https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/our-history/home>

The department of Arts and Humanities is seeking to appoint a full-time, permanent Senior Lecturer or Reader in Film and Television Studies with effect from 1st September 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter. You will contribute to and develop undergraduate modules within the Department’s Film and Television programmes; supervise students’ work and design assessment; bring an excellent nationally and internationally recognised research profile; work towards providing leadership in research that will contribute to our submission for the next Research Excellence Framework; participate in personal tutoring, as well as the general running of the programmes in terms of assessment and admissions processes within the Department; attend Department meetings; and contribute as a fully-committed member of the team.

*On application please state if you are applying for Senior Lecturer or Reader. *

        Film and TV Studies at Brunel has established a substantial body
        of research in a range of topics. Areas of current expertise
        include Hong Kong cinema, documentary, animation, horror,
        comedy, the integration of video practice and theory,
        contemporary British and American television, Marxism and the
        media, and Third cinema.The team also have expertise in feminism
        and gender theory, and industry studies. We are looking for a
        new team member who can add to our profile. We are particularly
        interested in expanding in the areas of contemporary cinemas,
        including non-English speaking contexts, but we welcome
        applications from any scholars who can contribute to and expand
        our existing expertise.

Brunel has a strong track-record of securing research funding from EU and other international sources. Regardless of the long-term future for UK participation in Horizon Europe, Brunel will continue to ensure that staff have access to non-EU research funding, and we will continue to support our many bilateral collaborations within the EU and will remain an active member of YERUN.

We offer a generous annual leave package plus discretionary University closure days, excellent training and development opportunities as well as a great occupational pension scheme and a range of health-related support. The University is committed to a hybrid working approach.

The successful candidate will be expected to participate in at least one of the College research centres, Contemporary Writing, AI: Social digital Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Sustainability, Intelligence and Security Studies, Law, Economics and Finance, and Global Lives, or a University Research Institute.

Closing date for applications:20^th June 2023

Interview date TBC, but will take place in person on campus at Brunel.

For further details about the post including the Job Description and Person Specification and to apply please visit https://careers.brunel.ac.uk<https://careers.brunel.ac.uk/>

If you have any technical issues please contact us at: (hrsystems /at/ brunel.ac.uk)

*/Brunel University London is fully committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive workforce culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under- represented in our workforce./*