[Commlist] CfP "The Politics of Sporting Mega-Events"

Tue May 23 11:11:45 GMT 2023

2nd Sports and Politics Research International Network (SPRING) Conference, Birkbeck Sports Business Centre, Birkbeck College, University of London, October 27 and 28th, 2023: “The Politics of Sporting Mega-Events”

First Call for Papers

We are delighted to announce that the first in person SPRING Conference will be hosted by Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck College, University of London, on Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th am.

The conference theme is “The Politics of Sporting Mega- Events”. We welcome proposals / abstracts of maximum 200 words by June 30th, 2023 on the following themes/subject areas, although other relevant topics will be considered:

- Sporting Mega- Events (Football, Rugby, Cricket World Cups, Olympic Games, etc.)

- Historic Case Studies

- Media Coverage of Mega- Events

- Club/ Country Studies

- Sporting Nationalisms

- Sport and Identities

- Sport and Gender

- Sporting Mega- Events and Globalisation

- Sport and Ideology

- Sporting Diplomacy and Mega- Events

-  Sport, Ethnicity and Mega- Events

-  Sport, Race, and the Sporting Mega- Event

-  Human Rights, Discrimination and Sporting Mega- Events   Sport, Politics and Race

-  Lesser Sports and the Mega- Event

Please send your proposal/ abstract to (springsportnet /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(springsportnet /at/ gmail.com)>

Link to the conference CfP website: https://mon.uvic.cat/spring/2023/05/23/call-for-papers-2nd-spring-conference-the-politics-of-sporting-mega-events/ <https://mon.uvic.cat/spring/2023/05/23/call-for-papers-2nd-spring-conference-the-politics-of-sporting-mega-events/>

Registration details to be published soon. We look forward to receiving your abstracts/ proposals and to welcoming as many of you as possible to the heart of London in late October this year.