[Commlist] Two professor posts @ University of Sheffield

Tue May 23 08:25:06 GMT 2023

Application deadline: 26^th  June 2023

The Department of Sociological Studies at the University of Sheffield is hiring two professors. The department houses a vibrant Digital Media + Society <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/research/digital-media-and-society> area, comprising undergraduate and MA programmes, an expanding PhD student group, a dynamic research culture and an amazing staff team. We would love to see applicants with Digital Media + Society expertise to apply for these posts!

We are looking to recruit inspirational academics to play key leadership roles in research, impact, teaching and/or department management. You will complement and extend our existing strengths, and have a track record of research excellence, teaching innovation and leadership. We are especially keen to hear from candidates whose work relates to one or more of the following fields:

  * AI, automation & emergent technology in society;
  * decolonisation and the Global South;
  * gender and intersectionality
  * race and digital media;
  * social divisions, inequalities and solidarities.

We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we particularly welcome applications from currently under-represented groups within the department, including candidates who are from black, Asian and minority ethnic and refugee backgrounds; who are LGBTQ+; or who are living with disabilities.

To find the job ad, go to https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/jobs> > browse jobs >  and search ‘chair in sociological studies’.

For informal enquiries, contact Head of Department Professor Nathan Hughes ((nathan.hughes /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)) <http://(nathan.hughes /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)/>, or me to talk specifically about our Digital Media + Society <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/socstudies/research/digital-media-and-society> area.