[Commlist] FilmGeographies Call for Films RGS-IBG Shorts 2023

Wed May 17 17:34:08 GMT 2023

Now in its third year, Film Geographies  invites submissions of short films for the RGS-IBG annual conference responding to the annual theme. This year it is ‘Climate Changed Geographies' With the theme /Climate changed geographies/ the RGS-IBG 2023 conference invites a conversation about how climate change is, and is not, changing our discipline – our ways of knowing, exploring, understanding and acting geographically – and with what consequences. It also opens up debates about the kinds of geographies – urban, political, social, cultural, economic, regional, glacial, fluvial and more – that are and are not being changed by climate change. We also especially welcome films that reflect on how filmmaking can help the discipline adapt to decolonising the curriculum and navigating the recent accelerated shift to online learning and research, including the growing interest in creative research methods and teaching practices more generally. Royal Geographical Society - Annual International Conference <https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/>
rgs.org <https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/>
apple-touch-icon.png <https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/>

<https://www.rgs.org/research/annual-international-conference/>
*
*
***What kind of film?*
We accept any Format/genre: ethnographic, fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, interactive, immersive, participatory etc (Note we cannot accept or review any films made solely to promote a course, department or institution)
When submitting please state whether your film is
1. Completed film
2. Work In Progress
3. Student Film
Length < 5 mins or 5-25 mins
*Deadline: 30 July 2023*

**
*(info /at/ filmgeographies.com) <mailto:(info /at/ filmgeographies.com)>*

Jessica Jacobs
(j.jacobs /at/ qmul.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.jacobs /at/ qmul.ac.uk)>
Queen Mary University of London

Joseph Palis
(jepalis /at/ up.edu.ph) <mailto:(jepalis /at/ up.edu.ph)>
University of the Philippines-Diliman