[Commlist] Vacancy: Assistant Professor Cultural AI & Computational Methods (1.0 FTE)

Wed Apr 26 19:51:57 GMT 2023

Vacancy: Assistant Professor Cultural AI & Computational Methods (1.0 FTE)

We have a vacancy for an Assistant Professor Cultural AI & Computational Methods (1.0 FTE) at Utrecht University, the Netherlands, at the Department of Media and Culture Studies.

We are looking for a new colleague specializing in cultural AI and computational methods. The candidate for this position combines computational skills with a critical perspective on how AI shapes transformations in media, art and culture (AI for culture) and how media, art and culture can shape AI (culture for AI), with special consideration for AI's ethical implications. We invite applications from researchers with experience in teaching on critical data and algorithm studies, and with practical skills in machine learning practices, programming languages and recommender systems. The applicant has a background in media studies, communication studies or Digital Humanities. A successful candidate will contribute to interdisciplinary research and teaching within the Faculty of Humanities and beyond.

Application deadline: 26 May 2023.

More information: https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs/assistant-professor-cultural-ai-computational-methods-10-fte