[Commlist] Doctoral consortium at CEEGS 2023 in Leipzig: The Meanings and Makings of Games

Fri Apr 21 19:27:49 GMT 2023

the editorial board of /Eludamos: Journal for Computer Game Culture/ and the organizing committee of CEEGS have teamed up to _arrange a doctoral consortium during this year’s conference on October 19-21, 2023, at Macromedia University in Leipzig, Germany._ The consortium has the theme /The Meanings and Makings of Games/and will take place on the first day of the conference on Oct. 19.

We would like to _invite doctoral students_ to submit _abstracts for papers or chapters_ (4-600 words excl. references) _by May 15, 2023_. Please submit your abstracts to _all_ the following email addresses:

(holger.potzsch /at/ uit.no), (kristine.jorgensen /at/ uib.no), and (mluethe1109 /at/ zedat.fu-berlin.de). You will be _notified about the results by June 1.___

Based on our assessment of the abstracts, we will invite a limited number of contributors to develop _full draft papers_ of 4-5.000 words (word count excl. references) and submit these to the organizing committee _by October 1, 2023_.

More info on Eludamos here: https://septentrio.uit.no/index.php/eludamos/index <https://septentrio.uit.no/index.php/eludamos/index>

More info on CEEGS 2023 here:
https://www.macromedia-fachhochschule.de/de/lp/ceegs-2023/ <https://www.macromedia-fachhochschule.de/de/lp/ceegs-2023/>

In case you should have questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of the organizers of the consortium via the emails listed above.

Since our discipline unfortunately still is characterized by a palpable gender imbalance, we urge in particular non-cis male authors to submit their works.