[Commlist] IAMHIST Council: Call for Candidates 2023

Thu Mar 30 21:34:29 GMT 2023

      *IAMHIST seeks candidates for the council*

*IAMHIST* <http://iamhist.net/> is managed by theCouncil <http://iamhist.org/about-us/iamhist-council/>, as duly elected representatives of the membership. The council consists of the IAMHIST president and 11 council members and meets once or twice a year (online or in person) to plan and administer upcoming conferences, events and initiatives. Every two years, an online election of council members is organised among the members. The results are announced at the IAMHIST General Assembly Meeting.

We are currently seeking candidates for the 2023 election. There will be six vacancies on the council. We invite applications from individuals who meet the following criteria:

*Your profile*

– you are archivist, scholar and/or media practitioner working in the field of media history/media and history

– you are aIAMHIST member <http://iamhist.net/membership/>, and you have been involved in IAMHIST activities in the past

– you commit to attending council meetings and IAMHIST events

– you are available for at least four years

– you are prepared to take on responsibilities for a selection of specific IAMHIST events or activities, such as prizes, coaching activities, website administration or community management etc.

IAMHIST is an equal opportunity organisation. As the organisation is devoted to furthering the careers of early career researchers and media practitioners, we especially encourage these individuals to step forward.

If you are interested in standing for election, please get in touch with IAMHIST president*Leen Engelen ((leen.engelen /at/ luca-arts.be))*or with the IAMHIST vice president *Tobias Hochscherf ((tobias.hochscherf /at/ fh-kiel.de))*before*May 15 2023*.

(IAMHIST Council: Call for candidates 2023