[Commlist] job: CRC Tier 2: Communication and Critical Disability Studies

Tue Mar 28 09:32:11 GMT 2023

*Canada Research Chair- Tier 2: Communication and Critical Disability Studies at Carleton University*
*
**Please note extended application deadline: April 24**
*
*https://carleton.ca/deputyprovost/2023/assistant-associate-professor-and-canada-research-chair-tier-2-communication-critical-disability-studies/

Professorial Ranks and Canada Research Chair, Tier 2 – Journalism and Communication (Communication and Critical Disability Studies)

Friday, February 24, 2023

About the Position

Field of Specialization: Communication and Critical Disability Studies – REPOSTED
    Academic Unit: Communication and Media Studies
    Category of Appointment: Preliminary (tenure-track)/tenured
Rank/Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair, Tier 2
    Start Date: July 1, 2024
    Closing Date: Consideration of candidates will begin on April 24, 2023

The Communication and Media Studies program invites applications for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Communication and Critical Disability Studies whose work centres critical questions about disability with wider debates in communication and media studies. Candidates whose scholarship is informed by lived experience of disability will be preferred. Conditional on the approval by the CRC Program, the successful candidate will be eligible for tenure or tenure-track academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.

Tier 2 Chairs are intended for exceptional emerging scholars (i.e., candidates must have been an active researcher in their field for fewer than 10 years at the time of nomination). Applicants who are more than 10 years from having earned their highest degree (and where career breaks exist, such as maternity, parental or extended sick leave, clinical training, etc.) may have their eligibility for a Tier 2 Chair assessed through the program’s Tier 2 justification process. For more details, please see the Canada Research Chairs Secretariat and the Carleton Office for Research Initiatives and Services.
Qualifications

The successful candidate will possess:

    a PhD in Communication or a cognate discipline (Carleton requirement);
an outstanding record of research and peer-reviewed publications in communication and critical disability studies, relative to stage of career; a record of high-quality teaching and supervision, appropriate to stage of career; an emerging record of international recognition in their field(s) and the capacity to establish themselves as an international leader within the next 5-10 years a proposal for an original, innovative research program of the highest quality experience and/or detailed plan to address equity, diversity and inclusion
    capacity to attract substantial external research funding
Candidates external to Carleton University are preferred, although internal candidates can apply and be assured fair consideration in the process.

Application Instructions

Candidates should submit a signed letter of application, current curriculum vitae, three exemplary publications, and a five-page statement (describing (1) the proposed research objectives, potential contribution to knowledge, and methods; (2) the training and mentoring plan; and (3) previous experience and/or future plans to address equity, diversity and inclusion).

Applicants should arrange to have three reference letters emailed separately.

To help us develop our equity programs, a confidential equity and diversity self-identification survey will be sent to all applicants separately.

Please indicate in your application if you are currently legally eligible to work in Canada.

Submit application materials to the Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Public Affairs by email ((odfpa /at/ carleton.ca)) to the attention of Associate Dean Jonathan Malloy.
About Carleton University

Located in Ottawa, Carleton is an innovative teaching and research institution with a tradition of leading change. Internationally recognized academics, staff, and researchers engage more than 31,000 students in over 100 programs of study. Carleton has long been known for promoting research excellence and connectedness and is involved in partnerships around the globe. With strong leadership, it enjoys a healthy financial position and our proximity to government and cultural institutions, media, and a thriving knowledge economy make Carleton and Ottawa a great place to work, learn, and live. Our picturesque campus is fully accessible and, along with award-winning student services, Carleton’s Paul Menton Centre for Students with Disabilities has been heralded as the gold standard for disability support services in Canada. Learn more about our university and the city of Ottawa.

We are strongly committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the nomination and appointment process.

Carleton University is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our university including, but not limited to: women; visible minorities; First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples; persons with disabilities; and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression. Furthermore, Carleton understands that career paths vary and interruptions will not prejudice the assessment process. We invite you to review our revitalized Indigenous strategy, Kinàmàgawin and visit our Department of Equity and Inclusive Communities for information about our commitment to leadership in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion.

Accessibility is a university strategic priority and applicants selected for an interview who require accommodations are invited to contact the Chair as soon as possible to ensure that appropriate arrangements may be made

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. All positions are subject to budgetary approval.

Friday, February 24, 2023 | Categories: Accessibility, CRC, FPA, Job Postings
Share: Twitter, Facebook
Short URL: https://carleton.ca/deputyprovost/?p=1650