[Commlist] CFP: AI for society: the implications of ChatGPT Workshop

Thu Mar 23 09:56:47 GMT 2023

CFP: /AI for society: the implications of ChatGPT/ Workshop

June 26^th , 2023

Hosted by the /Data, Algorithms and AI in Society/ hub, the Digital Society Network, The University of Sheffield

*Deadline for abstracts*: April 30^th , 2023

The recent release of ChatGPT, an Artificial Intelligence chat tool, in November 2023 has rapidly changed people’s imagination of what AI can do. It thus has unsettled many domains ranging from journalism and information science to education and business. Its release also has triggered debates on the implications of AI tools for our society. We are inviting academics and experts from the industries to explore such implications. Topics include, but are not limited to:

·Truth

·Originality

·Creativity

·Expertise

·Labour

·Security

·Legal opportunities and risks

Please send abstracts of up to 200 words, including a bio of 100 words, to Dr Jingrong Tong ((j.tong /at/ sheffield.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.tong /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)>) by April 30^th , 2023. Successful applicants will be notified by May 10^th , 2023. Limited funds are available to support UK travel for successful applicants.