[Commlist] Job Vacancy: Post Doctoral Fellow in Media and Communications

Thu Mar 23 09:52:37 GMT 2023

We are seeking a *2 year, full-time, Post-Doctoral Fellow in Media and Communications*, to join a Leverhulme Trust project on news use and parenting at the University of Surrey, UK. The role starts on 1^st October 2023 – and some highlights are –

  * We are seeking candidates who will have a PhD in hand before the
    start date.
  * We are particularly keen on experience with mixed methods, including
    surveys, interviews, mobile diary methods – and a disciplinary
    background in Media and Communications, or closely related fields.
  * The project is led by Ranjana Das, with Tom Roberts and Emily Setty
    as Co-Is, and the project is housed in the Department of Sociology,
    at the University of Surrey.
  * A subject background in news consumption, digital technologies,
    users and/or audiences would be especially welcome.

The job advert is live here: 017823 Post Doctoral Research Fellow in Media & Communications - Jobs at the University of Surrey <https://jobs.surrey.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=13199&forced=1> – and I am happy to speak to interested applicants informally by email on (r.das /at/ Surrey.ac.uk) <mailto:(r.das /at/ Surrey.ac.uk)>.