[Commlist] CfP: Elgar Encyclopedia of City and Place Branding

Mon Mar 20 21:15:37 GMT 2023

We are delighted to announce our open call for entries for the Elgar Encyclopedia of City and Place Branding.

The encyclopaedia is the first of its kind. It is an interdisciplinary project that houses all relevant aspects of city/place branding, widely defined as the practice and study of projecting and managing perceptions about cities, regions, and countries.

We welcome entries from practitioners, independent researchers, academics, and graduate students.

To best reflect the diversity of city and place branding, the Editors welcome a wide range of contributions from diverse geographies and perspectives to showcase the multifaceted nature of city and place branding. We encourage submissions from academic disciplines such as marketing, communications, public relations, urban planning, tourism, and destination management, as well as from practitioners globally. In particular, we prioritise submissions that align with the following themes:

  *

    Bottom-up perspective in place branding

  *

    Multi-level governance, preferably focused on rural geographies and
    structurally weak regions

  *

    Social and ecological sustainability

  *

    Politics

  *

    Culture

  *

    Integrated and Marketing Communication

  *

    Future of practice

To express your interest, please get in touch with us at (cityplacebranding /at/ yahoo.com) <https://www.researchgate.net/deref/mailto%3Acityplacebranding%40yahoo.com>. Your expression of interest should include the following:

  *

    Entry title

  *

    A brief abstract of 150 to 250 words introducing the entry, its
    relation to city/place branding, and how the entry plans to cover
    the topic.

  *

    Short bio of the author(s), including affiliation information.

Expressions received by April 3rd, 2023, will be given full consideration.

While we outline priority themes, we are not planning to limit entries to only those. If you have an entry idea that falls outside the scope of priority themes, or if you prefer to discuss your ideas informally, please do not hesitate to contact the editors at (cityplacebranding /at/ yahoo.com) <https://www.researchgate.net/deref/mailto%3Acityplacebranding%40yahoo.com>

Important deadlines

 1.

    Notification of interest from the author: April 3, 2023,

 2.

    Notification of acceptance from editors: May 17, 2023,

 3.

    Submission of draft entry: September 15, 2023,

 4.

    Submission of revised entry after review: December 15, 2023.

/Eduardo Oliveira/ <https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=0A4_k50AAAAJ&hl=en>/, Thomas More University of Applied Sciences, Belgium./

/Emma Björner/ <https://scholar.google.se/citations?user=ODzkiewAAAAJ&hl=en>/, University of Gothenburg, Sweden./

/Efe Sevin/ <https://scholar.google.se/citations?user=yebPz1wAAAAJ&hl=en>/, Towson University, Maryland, USA/