[Commlist] New Issue: Communication, Culture & Critique published

Mon Mar 20 13:23:22 GMT 2023

The new issue 16.1 of Communication, Culture & Critique is now out.

A journal of the International Communication Association, Communication, Culture & Critique (CCC) publishes high-quality, original scholarship utilizing a diversity of critical approaches to place questions of power, inequality, and justice at the center of empirical and theoretical inquiry.

CCC Contact: (gotvald /at/ gonzaga.edu)

The table of contents for the new issue is below:

Volume 16, Issue 1, March 2023

ORIGINAL ARTICLES

South Asian Americans and anti-Black racism: critically reflexive racialization as an anti-racist vernacular discourse

Anjana Mudambi

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac045

“My Islam be Black”: resisting erasure, silence, and marginality at the intersection of race and religion

Marwa I Abdalla

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac042

The reproduction of canonical silences: re-reading Habermas in the context of slavery and the slave trade

Wendy Willems

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac047

“She is as feminine as my mother, as my sister, as my biologically female friends”: On the promise and limits of transgender visibility in fashion media

Erique Zhang

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac043

“White at heart”: making race in Marine Corps recruitment advertising

Jeremiah Favara, Clark Brinson

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac048

“How crazy is your maid?” Domestic workers in the “new India”

Sreela Sarkar

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac050

Media populism and the metanarrative of God in the Philippines

Jefferson Lyndon D Ragragio

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcad001

Embodied reclamation: how Big Baby Balam and Danza Ocelotl represent the body as a site for decolonization

Laura Irwin

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac044

Dancing between model minorityhood and yellow peril: accusations of needing “personality”

Lauren Mark

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac046

Beyond bad hombres, mamacitas, and borders: rethinking representation of Mexicanidad in 2017 animation Coco

Emily A Dosch, Julia Khrebtan-Hörhager

https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac049 <https://doi.org/10.1093/ccc/tcac049>