[Commlist] Job at Lancaster University: Senior Lecturer in Digital Media & Culture

Wed Mar 08 16:44:52 GMT 2023

  Senior Lecturer in Digital Media and Culture

  Salary:  £54,949 to £61,823
  Closing Date:  Friday 31 March 2023
  Interview Date:  Thursday 27 April 2023
  Reference: 0137-23

Lancaster University’s Department of Sociology invites applications for a Senior Lecturer in Digital Media and Culture. We seek applicants in any area of related expertise and who are excited by the possibilities of joining our dynamic, collegial and interdisciplinary department. We particularly welcome applications from those whose teaching and research experience means they are able to contribute to digital media practice.

You will contribute to the vibrant research culture of the department through their track-record and plans for publications and other research outputs, as well as their plans for grant capture and new research projects. The successful candidate will also participate in the future development of one of our research centres or groupings as appropriate to their research interests (*https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sociology/research/research-centres/* <https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sociology/research/research-centres/>).

 You will contribute to our undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes, the pastoral and academic support of students, and supervise dissertation and PhD projects. The successful candidate will also take a lead role in the ongoing curriculum development across our media programmes, including around our strategic teaching priority of decolonising the curriculum.  They will also contribute to the Department’s aim to create an excellent learning environment and outstanding experience for a diverse student body, and will be given training, support, mentoring and opportunities for professional development.

 The post will be based in Lancaster, and successful candidates will be expected to be able to commute to the Bailrigg Campus.

 For informal enquiries please contact the Head of Department, Professor Chris Grover, by email *(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)* <mailto:(sociologyhod /at/ lancaster.ac.uk)>

More details: https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0137-23 <https://hr-jobs.lancs.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=0137-23>