[Commlist] Call for Chapters - The Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Communication in the digital era

Sun Mar 05 20:02:01 GMT 2023

2^nd Call for Chapters

*The Palgrave Handbook of Organizational Communication in the Digital Era*

We are seeking additional chapters for the current handbook of organizational communication in the digital era (*in progress*). The handbook addresses different facets of organizational communication during the coronavirus pandemic and post-COVID 19 period.  It addresses different aspects of organizational communication in the context of current societal changes - technological, economic, cultural, and the disruptions brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 lockdowns measures and their implications on the workplace, challenged traditional patterns of communication, and accelerated innovations. Innovations in communication technologies, more recently the ChatGPT, continually push the boundaries of communication. This handbook attempts to revisit and fill the gap in the scholarship of organizational communication in the light of ongoing digital transformation processes. We encourage interdisciplinary approaches beyond the humanities and social sciences. We seek work that reflect upon the most current theory and practice in the field. We welcome abstracts on the following, or other related topics;

  * Workplace communication
  * Innovations in organizational communication
  * Artificial intelligence in organizational communication

  * Conversational agents
  * Social media
  * Strategic listening
  * Organizational behavior
  * Stakeholder approaches to organizational communication
  * Crisis communication
  * Organizational change/development

  * Best practices in organizational communication
  * Regional trends on organizational communication
  * Ethical and moral issues in organizational communication
If you are interested, please send a short abstract to (martin.ndlela /at/ inn.no)<mailto:(martin.ndlela /at/ inn.no)>by 30 March. For more information about the publisher visit https://www.palgrave.com/gp<https://www.palgrave.com/gp>,