[Commlist] Language, Literature, and Media: 12th International Conference on Language and Literary Studies

Thu Feb 23 21:53:25 GMT 2023

*Faculty of Foreign Languages would like to remind you that  12^th  International Conference on Language and Literary Studies Call for Papers is open until 1 March 2023. The conference will be held on 26 and 27 May 2023. The topic for this edition of our annual conference is*

*LANGUAGE, LITERATURE, AND MEDIA*

Our aim for this conference is to gather researchers who will examine various aspects of the relationship between language, literature, and media. Focusing on media as means and methods of communication, we would like to explore contemporary and historical interactions between language or literature on the one hand, and newspapers, television, radio services, social and web media on the other. On a slightly different note, we would also like to consider media as different forms and ways of expression and hence look into the linguistic or literary aspects of visuals, sounds/music, gestures/performance, or intermedial texts. The basic questions we would like to discuss include: How are language and literature changed by the constantly evolving communication media, and vice versa – how do media affect the structure and content of languages and literatures, and What is the role of language and literariness in texts produced through various media? To this effect, we invite contributions inspired by but not limited to the following topics and areas of research:

⎯Language as a medium of communication/culture

⎯Culture in media

⎯Language of new/other media

⎯Literature in new/other media

⎯Literature-media mutual influences

⎯Aspects of media discourse

⎯Intermedial texts and narratives

⎯Media in language teaching and learning

⎯Other (you can specify a topic for a panel session with at least three presenters)

*Conference sessions will be held both onsite, at Alfa BK University, Belgrade, and online, via Google Meet. Conference fee is 50 euros. Payment instructions will be forwarded following the acceptance of your presentation proposal.*

*Proposals for presentation (up to 15 minutes) can be submitted via the following link: **Language, Literature, and Media / Jezik, književnost i mediji - Google Forms* <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kssfB_1SZack4G1oLfsUwa-z3HmrpvPf2G3w0Dg6KWk/edit>* and will be accepted until 1 March 2023. You will receive notification of acceptance within two weeks of your submission. For any enquiries, please contact us at **(fsj.conference /at/ alfa.edu.rs)* <mailto:(fsj.conference /at/ alfa.edu.rs)>*. ***