[Commlist] CFP: Hypatia's 40th anniversary conference with Complete Plenary Panels

Wed Feb 22 12:21:17 GMT 2023

*CFP: 'Opening the Archives, Charting Feminist Futures' - Hypatia's 40^th Anniversary Conference *

*University of Oregon | Eugene,Oregon
*
*September6^th – 9th, 2023*

"Opening the Archives" references the literal opening of the new Hypatia archives attheUniversityofOregon'sKnightLibrary,whichwilloccurduringtheconference. It also points to a more figurative opening of the archives, centeringfeminist thought that has often been marginalized or absent from (now) legitimizedfeminist spaces, like Hypatia itself. How might feminist philosophy recognize itsaccomplishments and reckon with its own troublesome history?

“ChartingFeministFutures”returnsfocustoouraspirationsforfeministphilosophy.Wheredoesfeministphilosophyneedtogofromhere?What
directions are being charted now for our feminist futures? What charting remainsto be done?

Papers with a strong philosophical dimension on any topic of feminist concern willbe considered, though preference will be given to papers that are related, in abroad sense, to our conference themes.

This is also a reminder that the *submission deadline, March 1,* is quickly approaching. We look forward to your participation.