[Commlist] Job Opportunity: Research Assistant in Film/Performance Studies Project

Mon Feb 20 17:06:50 GMT 2023

*JOB: Research Assistant in Film/Performance Studies*

*Part-time, fixed-term (April - October 2023). Deadline to apply: 6 March 2023.*

We are looking to hire a Research Assistant for 180 hours (7.5 hours per week [0.2 FTE] at £27.89 per hour), on an interdisciplinary film and performance research project entitled ‘The Wounds We Keep: Youth, Trauma and Otherness in the 21st Century’, funded by the Brigstow Institute, University of Bristol.

The work of the Research Assistant will involve data collection and processing, helping organise a series of casting workshops with first-time actors, and supporting the lead researchers with the preparation of research outputs (compiling a literature review, analysing qualitative data, proofreading).

The Research Assistant must:

•Have a Masters in a related research discipline, e.g. Film Studies, Cultural Studies, with a merit classification or better.

•Have experience conducting qualitative research.

•Have excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills (oral/written).

•Be able to work independently and as part of a team.

Desirable traits:

•Experience of conducting qualitative research with participants of different ages, backgrounds and working roles.

•Experience working with vulnerable individuals.

•Some experience or basic understanding of filmmaking and/or film production.

•Live in or be within commutable distance of the Bristol area.

Please send a CV and cover letter to Dr Miguel García –(miguel.garcialopez /at/ bristol.ac.uk) <mailto:(miguel.garcialopez /at/ bristol.ac.uk)> – by noon on 6th March, 2023.

Informal interviews will take place online the week starting on 13th March, 2023.

You can find more information about the project here: https://brigstowinstitute.blogs.bristol.ac.uk/project/the-wounds-we-keep-youth-trauma-and-otherness-in-the-21st-century/ <https://brigstowinstitute.blogs.bristol.ac.uk/project/the-wounds-we-keep-youth-trauma-and-otherness-in-the-21st-century/>