[Commlist] 2023 ECREA Political Communication Section Conference & Call for Papers

Mon Feb 13 07:13:51 GMT 2023

2023 ECREA Political Communication Section Conference —Call for Papers

Website: https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com <https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com/calls/>
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2023.

We are thrilled to announce the 2023 ECREA Political Communication Section Interim Conference, taking place 31 Aug - 01 Sep in the heart of Berlin! The event is hosted by the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society and the Institute for Media and Communication Studies at the Freie Universität Berlin.

The conference theme, 'Navigating the Noise: Effective Communication for Solving Political Problems', provides a platform for discussion on the role of political communication research in tackling complex political and societal issues. To learn more about the call, please visit: https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com/calls/ <https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com/calls/>

We are seeking proposals for presentations that explore the ways in which political communication can inform and facilitate the creation of effective, evidence-based solutions to the challenges our societies are facing. Submissions are not restricted to specific studies on solutions but we invite presenters to think about the impact of their research for societies within a solution-based political communication framework.

Abstracts should be no longer than 400 words (incl. references).
Submissions should be made via the submission site by the deadline of 31 March, 2023.

In addition to the main conference, we will also host a workshop on 'Communicating through the Noise: Science Communication for Early-Career Scholars'. If you are an early-career scholar, this workshop is an opportunity not to be missed! The deadline to apply is 31 March, and you can find more information and apply here: https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com/phd-workshop/ <https://ecreapolcomm2023.ecreapoliticalcommunication.com/phd-workshop/>

2023 ECREA Political Communication Section Conference Organizing Committee: Jakob Ohme & Emilija Gagrčin