[Commlist] Algorithms for Her Conference

Wed Feb 08 18:10:24 GMT 2023

Please find the link below to register for *Algorithms for Her? 2 *- a hybrid conference taking place at the Millennium Gallery in Sheffield on the 23rd and 24th of March 2022. Our Keynotes are Tiara Roxanne <https://www.tiararoxanne.com/about.html> and Professor Ros Gill <https://www.city.ac.uk/about/people/academics/ros-gill>- and we have a wide range of absolutely amazing presentations from many different disciplines and geographies.

*Algorithms for her?* is a conference prioritising the study of intersectional forms of injustice that algorithms (and the systems in which they are embedded) often propagate and sustain. Given the significance of such processes in our daily lives, and how they disproportionately affect those marginalised across intersections of gender, sexuality, class and race, this event will create a dedicated space for the discussion of algorithmic oppression and inequality. We are lucky to have received support from the BRISTT cluster at the University of Sheffield, The University of Sheffield Digital Society Network and a Meta Seed Grant.

Please only register if you plan to attend the conference *in person* in Sheffield. Our finalised programme will be uploaded to our website <https://algorithmsforher.wordpress.com/> soon, in addition to where you can access the link to livestream the conference. Please stay tuned if you hope to watch the conference online!

Accepted speakers are *already registered* and *do not *need to register via this link.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/algorithms-for-her-2-tickets-533785224977
Password: AFH2