[Commlist] The Children' Media Yearbook 2023 - Call for Contributions

Thu Feb 02 20:14:20 GMT 2023

The Children's Media Yearbook co-editors Ashley Woodfall and Hannie Kirkham want to hear your submission ideas for this year’s Children's Media Yearbook <https://www.thechildrensmediafoundation.org/yearbook-2022>

Launched in 2013, the Yearbook brings together the voices of media creators, researchers, policy developers and advocates – as well as of children and young people themselves. The Yearbook is intended to stimulate debate that will inform and impact productively on children’s media and the lives of young people. The Yearbook, published by the Children's Media Foundation <https://www.thechildrensmediafoundation.org/>, acts asthe ‘book of record’ for the key issues and developments across the entire range of media that children experience

We are looking for contributors to work up short pieces that are accessible to a broad readership, and we are open to submission ideas that face any aspect of children’s/young people’s media:

What interesting/important research should we be sharing/discussing in the Yearbook?

What trends, innovations or hot topics are most salient to the part of the children’s media landscape you research and/or practice within ?

Are there examples of interesting/important practice that we should be sharing/discussing?

What are the key policy/regulatory/advocacy issues that need addressing?

What should we absolutely be talking about within the children's media community?

We are also, more specifically, looking for contributions that might help tell the story of the following, as they reach significant milestones:

             The 100th anniversary of /Disney/

             60 years of /Doctor Who/

50 years of /The Tomorrow People <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People> /

50 years of /We Are the Champions <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_the_Champions_(British_TV_series)>/

             Or a significant milestone of your choice…

If you are interested in contributing to the Yearbook, please contact Hannie and Ashley at (editor /at/ thechildrensmediafoundation.org) <mailto:(editor /at/ thechildrensmediafoundation.org)>. And if you have idea that you are not quite sure fits the call, but would like to discuss, please do get in touch

Proposal/idea submission deadline: 17th February 2023

Article submission deadline: 17th April 2023

Wordcount: approx. 1000-1500 (but there is some flexibility here)

All the best