[Commlist] cfp Digital Nostalgia Symposium

Sun Jan 01 23:29:13 GMT 2023

From the Milieux Institute, the Technoculture, Arts and Games (TAG) Research Centre of Concordia University is excited to announce our 1-day symposium on Digital Nostalgia on the 4th February, 2023 -- "LOSTAGAIN/NOSTALGIA".

*We are inviting digital media scholars, students, and artists based in Montréal, Canada who works with media, time, or nostalgia to apply as a Panelist or Workshop Leader.*

The deadline is Thursday, January 19th, 2023.

Submissions are filled out on our Google Forms at
https://projectlostagain.wixsite.com/nostagain/call-for-symposium

A preface to the symposium's objectives which may help with your submission:
Obsessed with the past or the future, we use our digital tools to become lost in ourselves. Yet, by doing this we neglect the vanishing present and the lessons of the past, leading to the losses of a future that are often preventable. With creative nostalgia, we should pair a message of hope and social kindness to the experience which media and technology brings. By doing so, we are undoubtedly "LostAgain", but this possibility may indeed bring about productivity for individuals, collectives, and society.

For more information, please contact (projectlostagain /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(projectlostagain /at/ gmail.com)>