[Commlist] ICA postconference: Reimagining Urban Communication: Methods, Ethics, and Praxis in a Digital Age.

Sat Dec 17 09:50:49 GMT 2022

We invite you to participate in a 2023 ICA postconference Reimagining Urban Communication: Methods, Ethics, and Praxis in a Digital Age <https://www.icahdq.org/mpage/ICA23-UrbanComm>.

The full-day workshop will be held on *May 30th, 2023, at the Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University)*. We aim to convene scholars and practitioners interested in topics such as the mediated representation of urban (sub)communities; digital rights and inequalities; datafication; and communication and social change. Work foregrounding questions of power and inequality from local, global, and/or transnational lenses, underrepresented regions and communities is encouraged.

All presenters will be considered for inclusion in a special issue or other publication or venue (to be discussed at the conference). Beyond the intellectual exchanges, we hope to use the post-conference as a space for networking and mentorship for researchers from a variety of disciplines and career stages. We also anticipate having funds to support travel for some early career and underrepresented scholars to attend.

Please submit 300-word abstracts, including your name, affiliation, and 150-word bio to the link below *by 20 January 2023*. Notifications will be sent out by 10 February 2023. Registration will open in March 2023.**

For more details about the event and submissions, please visit our ICA website <https://www.icahdq.org/mpage/ICA23-UrbanComm>.